Monday, March 14, 2005

Current News


I interrupt this “How I Got Here” broadcast for a special announcement.

Here’s the thing. While I’ve become so long-winded in relating my story, meanwhile life goes on, and there’s all sorts of other stuff I should be telling you. So heads up on today’s info. Tomorrow, I promise to return to “How I Got Here” with part 13.

DEAD OF NIGHT, BOOK 3 IN MY HIDDEN FACES SUSPENSE SERIES, RELEASES THIS FRIDAY. It will start hitting stores in the weeks following that date, and should be most anywhere by end of the first week in April. Would you like a free copy of this book?


I'm now putting together the influencers' list for this novel. Influencers receive a book directly from the publisher. In return, we ask that you commit to reviewing the book online (at places such as amazon.com, barnesandnoble.com, and christianbook.com), and that you tell others about the book. I’m talkin’ shout the news from the rooftops. Of course, I can't expect you to promise to give me rave reviews before reading the story. But I'm gambling that, if you are brave enough to read Dead of Night, you will like it.

Warning: Dead of Night is intense. My protagonist, forensic artist Annie Kingston, is up against a serial killer. If you are interested in being on the influencers' list, please visit my Web site and read the back cover copy and the two-page prologue. (Link to Web site at left.) The prologue puts you immediately in the head of the killer and sets the tone for the book. (The rest of the book is told through the first person point of view of Annie, interspersed with more short chapters in the killer's point of view.) After reading the back cover copy and prologue, if you want to be on the influencers' list, please e-mail me with your street address. There’s a link on my site for contacting me. You’ll have to do this pronto, as we have a limited number of people who can be on the list.

I am very excited about the release of Dead of Night. True, the book is intense. Yet it is this very backdrop of darkness that affords the story its message about the power of prayer over evil. My hope is that through this book, readers will see prayer as they've never seen it before--and be challenged to deepen their own prayer lives.

End of announcement.

By the way, wonderful readers, the comments are now working. Well, at least they were as of Saturday. Please do me a favor and leave a comment just to let me know you’re out there. Sheesh, it got lonely with no feedback.

One more bit of housekeeping. Just want to point out the envelope icon that’s next to the comment link. This is a cool thingy that lets you email the post to someone.

Okay, tomorrow I return to my story. Promise.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice break from your story. (Ties in perfectly since your next book is being released this Friday! A little bit of encouraging news in the midst of the struggle of publication of your first series. : )
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am EAGER to read it. But I am the one fascinated by the Body Farm, too.
Happy traveling to your conference.

C.J. Darlington said...

I'm here! And I'll also check out your website.

mrsd said...

Present. raises hand*

Your new book sounds cool. I'll be reading....

(And Jen, I have to laugh about your husband statement. But as long as he resurrects, he can't be considered too dead. ;) )