Monday, June 12, 2006

The SBGs (Scenes and Beans Bloggers)!

Man, was choosing this list a task. As you know, there were about 50 auditioners going out for an original 10 parts—at first. Two of the auditioners wanted to go after other characters in Violet Dawn that I hadn’t originally intended to post. And some auditioners passed their Violet Dawn ARCs on to others, adding to the list of auditioners. Then everybody got going, and many auditioned for more than one part. I mean, anywhere from 2-6 parts per auditioner. I had a lot of reading to do.

The posts were judged on creativity and entertainment factor. After all, it’s that factor that will bring people to Scenes & Beans to read every day. I wasn’t worried about character details that might need fixing—I intend to edit the posts to best fit the books anyway. It was all about who entertained me most.

I ended up with more than one poster per character, many times up to three. Those who share a character will just have to be sure to play off each other. You’ll have less times you need to post, but still will receive the same level of recognition. The way it stands, few of you will need to write a post more than once a month.

For those who did not make this list—I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being a part of Scenes & Beans from the beginning. Remember that once Violet Dawn is released, any reader of the book can send in a post for possible use starting next January, so you still have ample opportunity to write for the blog.

Without further ado—The SBGs

Bailey Truitt: Sandra Moore, Dineen Miller, Tracy Fowler, and Pamela James

Leslie Brymes: Jennifer Tiszai/Michael Snyder (team effort), Rebecca Carter, and Vennessa Ng

S-Man: Stuart Stockton (This was an assigned role since S-Man’s science fiction manuscript, Starfire, is based on Stuart’s real wip set in Sauria)

Janet Detcher: Kim Thomas (Janet is Pastor Hank’s wife. Adding her character to the blog was Kim’s idea.)

Pastor Hank: Bob Edwards and Jason Joyner

Jared Moore: Stephanie Fowler and Janet Rubin

Carla Radling: Lynette Sowell and Sabrina Butcher

Jake Tremaine: Michelle Pendergrass, Sherry Ramsey, and Cara Putman

Wilbur Hucks: Chris Mikesell, David Meigs, Wayne Scott, and Kjersten Nickleby

Angie Brendt: Karen Wevick, Lynetta Smith, and Gina Homes

Bev Trexel: Beth Goddard, Chawna Schroeder, and Bev Huston

Sarah Wray: Laura Domino, Bonnie Calhoun, and Marjorie Vawter

Congratulations, SBGs! I’ll be in contact with you about your future posts. For now, please e-mail
my assistant with your Web site or blog URL (choose one) to be placed on the Kanner Lake Web site.

Here’s a “Sneak Pique” at some of the characters’ posts:

“This blog is my attempt to reach out to all you internet savvy people looking for a great vacation spot. Somewhere that really has it all. Kanner Lake is that place!” Bailey Truitt, owner of Java Joint—and starter of the Scenes and Beans blog

“Shnakvorum rikoyoch. [Greetings, friends in Saurian.] . . . My first brush with Sauria can be traced back to a hospital . . .” S-Man

“My fist landed square in his big ol’ snoot.” Pastor Hanks

“When I was eight years old I made a comic strip about my dog, Elmer, in which he stole a hot dog off the grill. The thought-bubble above his head said, ‘It really IS a dog-eat-dog world.’” Newspaperman Jared Moore

“I’d just been hit in the face with a twelve-inch ceiling fan blade . . . This was not going to be a typical house showing. Funny the reaction you get with you open a door with blood smeared on your face.” Realtor Carla Radling

Blog. What illiterate coined that term?” Retired English teacher Bev Trexel

“Yesterday I walked to Java Joint and almost got ran over by a bull moose.” Retired logger Jake Tremaine


“We come from sturdy stock, so it surprised me when my mother became ill. I’m sure my mom had plans that never happened. Most of us do.” Sarah Wray, owner of Simple Pleasures

“I’m not sure I’m comfortable with this blogging thing. There are a lot of slimy predators on the Internet. I’d like to see one try something on me.” Retired teacher Angie Brendt


“Kanner Lake ain’t that Stepford town from the movies. For every saint like Bailey you’ve got one of me. Come if you like. Take us as we are. We were here first.” Curmudgeon Wilbur Hucks
---------------------
Check out the Kanner
Lake Web site, now up. (Pages for books 2 and 3 still to come.) Take a look at the Scenes & Beans page on the site to see where the SBGs' names will be listed. Then hop on over to the Scenes & Beans blog to see how it’s coming along. It’s still under construction (template’s going to be narrowed, etc.), but you’ll get the general idea.

The blog goes live July 5th!

27 comments:

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Thank you Brandilyn, for this awesome opportunity!

And congratulations to all the other characters. May God bless us and this project richly!

Dineen A. Miller said...

Woohooo! What fun! Can't wait to dive in with such a great crew. Thank you, Brandilyn!

Mikesell said...

Thank you Brandilyn. Very much. (and I'll stop gushing before I disqualify myself from the Wilbur Hucks, professional curmudgeon, role.)

This is so exciting!

Unknown said...

woohoo. I get to play with all my friends!

batgirl said...

Gina! Thanks for the tip- it pain off! Branilyn, you definately made my Monday. I'm thrilled to be a part of this neat project!

Illuminating Fiction said...

I'm . . . speechless.

Wow! Thank you, Brandilyn!

I'm looking forward to being a part of this. What a great team of writers involved.

Scenes & Beans, here we come!

Stuart said...

So much fun. :) Thanks for this great opportunity!

So many good writers to work with.

Lynette Sowell said...

I'm really looking forward to this! :) What a fun lineup.

Marjorie Vawter said...

Wow! Thank you, Brandilyn. I guess I never expected to make the list :). But I'm so thrilled to be in such good company! And I look forward to working with the other Sarah Wrays.

Margie

Anonymous said...

Holy Smokey Cow! Thanks Brandilyn! S-Man, how does one say "thanks" in Saurian?

"What in tarenation..."

Wilbur, your not on yet.

"dogonit...ya little pip-squeek."

I am so grateful Brandilyn for this most auspicious break!

Thank you from the bottom of my soul.

Stuart said...

Dunno if that what rhetorical or not Kjersten, but when one asks, the S-man must answer. ;)

Thanks in Saurian is: "Wuchak"

That's with a long U and a short A.

:)

Anonymous said...

Wuchak, wuchak, wuchak and many a more wuchaks to you Brandilyn!

Wuchak S-man! :)

Domino said...

Wuchak, Brandilyn!

Woohoo just doesn't say it for me. I was really nervous reading the list. It drove home the point about saving info for the last of the post to build tension. I was almost holding my breath.

Thanks for this awesome opportunity! This is so great!

I need to walk around and start breathing again.

Mikesell said...

Wuchak? Wasn't he the Kirosawan precursor of Kolchak the Night Stalker? (Wilbur stop hassling the S-Man...)

Regardless, wuchak again Brandilyn.

David Meigs said...

Awesome news!

Really looking forward to it!

Anonymous said...

A big congrats to all you SBG's. Just hope none of you end up with split-personalities or double-identities! Looking forward to reading it! rose

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

I came back to see who else had checked in. Tne new templat is up.

You can't see people's comments, apparently their almost the same color gray as the background!

And your left sidebar is pushed all the way to the bottom of the page!

Stuart said...

New template is snazzy. I think if you just shrunk the "Subscribe to Forensics & Faith" button your left side bar would pop up into it's propper position. ;)

~ Brandilyn Collins said...

Y'all, hang with me, here. The new template's going up, and we're working out glitches. Hope it will all be right by tomorrow.

~ Brandilyn

Pammer said...

I'm in shock. And since I can't say anything that someone else hasn't already said....Wuchak. I am working with some wonderful people and writers. Yay!

And I love the new templates on BOTH blogs. I hope you get that pretty new picture moved up soon. :D

Hugs!

Catherine West said...

Since I have no idea what this is all about, I have a feeling I missed the party!
But whatever's going on, sure sounds like fun.
I'll tag along and hopefully figure it all out eventually...
:0)

C.J. Darlington said...

Whoa! Cool new 'tude to the blog. Congrats one and all for your new assignments. Looking forward to the coming days ...

Do I sense a new word being added to the F&F glossary?

Wuchak, and good night.

Southern-fried Fiction said...

WAHOO!!! 3 of my crit partners made the cut!!! Way to go Gina, Janet and Sandra!!!!!

~michelle pendergrass said...

Wuchak!!!!

I am SO excited! Thank you and ((((((HUGS))))) Brandilyn!!!

~michelle pendergrass

Scrambled Dregs said...

Congrats guys! Scenes and Beans is going to be crazy fun.

Stacey said...

Congrats to all the SBGs! I can't wait to read the posts!

Camy Tang said...

Congrats, you guys! Wow! The Scenes and Beans blog is going to be so GREAT!
Camy