Friday, May 11, 2007

Who We Are in Christ


For a number of years I’ve had a list stuck in my Bible titled “Who We Are in Christ.” Don’t even remember where I got it. The list is a great reminder for us all.

We have been transferred into the kingdom of Jesus. (Col. 1:13)
We have been redeemed. (Col. 1:14)
We have been forgiven. (Rom. 5:1)
We have been justified. (Rom. 5:1)
We have been made holy and blameless in God’s sight. (Eph. 1:4)
We have been made righteous. (Eph. 4:24)
We have been adopted as part of God’s family. (Rom. 8:15)
We have been cleansed from all sin and guilt. (I John 1:7)
We are seated in heavenly places. (Eph. 2:6)
We are co-heirs with Christ. (Rom. 8:17)
We are transformed into Christ’s likeness. (Rom. 8:29)
We are new creations. (II Cor. 5:17)
We are complete in Christ. (Col. 2:10)
We are more than conquerors. (Rom. 8:37)
We are God’s ambassadors. (II Cor. 5:18-19)
We are God’s chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation. (I Pet. 2:9-
10)
We have peace with God. (Rom. 5:1)
We have Christ’s love. (Rom. 8:35)
We have the mind of Christ. (I Cor. 2:16)
We have the will and power to obey God. (Phil. 2:13)
We have access to God. (Eph. 2:18)
We have a spirit of power, of love and calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control. (II Tim. 1:7)
We have eternal life. (Rom. 5:23)
We can do everything through Christ, who gives us strength. (Phil. 4:13)
We are overcomers. (Rev. 12:11)
We can drive out demons. (Mark 16:17)
We can speak in tongues. (Mark 16:17)
Jesus intercedes for us. (Heb. 7:25)
We cannot be separated from the love of God. (Rom. 8:35)
God transforms our mind. (Rom 12:2)
God will carry on His good work in us to completion. (I Pet. 5:10)
God gives us His Holy Spirit. (John 14:16)
The Holy Spirit lives with and in us. (John 14:17)
The Holy Spirit will teach us all things and remind us of everything Jesus said. (John 14:26)
The Holy Spirit will guide us into all truth and tell us what is to come. (John 16:13)
The Holy Spirit will never leave us. (John 14:16)
The Holy Spirit intercedes for us. (Rom. 8:26)
The Godhead lives in us. (Col. 2:10)

Have any others to add?


15 comments:

Christina Tarabochia said...

There I am, reading along, thinking deeply spiritual thoughts...and you booed at me. Very funny! Is it a new feature or have I just missed it these many months?

Carol Umberger said...

Oh..my..gosh. I can't believe you booed me. LOL! Here I am, thinking how great these verses are and how I should copy them for future reference and all of a sudden "Boo!" Thanks for a great laugh along with words to live by. :)

Richard L. Mabry, MD said...

Not only is my computer smarter than I am--now it talks to me. Spooooooooky.

Lynetta said...

I had the same experience as Christina. There I was, reading your list and meditating on Jesus, and then BOO! I hadn't scrolled down far enough to see your new little player feature. A very funny way to start the morning! :-)

Jannie Ernst said...

Classical music filled the room, and my creative juices leaked out all over the place. I worked on the chapter about the stalker with the hooded sweater watching from across the street... and the moment she saw him through her window. When I couldn't handle my own goose bumps anymore, I decided to take a break, check my doors, and then come back and read Brandilyn. I clicked on the Forensics and Faith icon so that it could open while I walked around the corner to check the front door. Crazy! The stalker was in the house! And "he" was a woman, shouting "boo" over the music, and laughing like a maniac. I think I am going to join the BHCC people - much safer there!

Anonymous said...

You do have a devious mind, BC. Just enough of a delay on the audio to scare us...not so much of a delay that we see the audio icon.

But it was worth a little startle to be able to read Jannie's story. I laughed out loud. Did you envision such a scene, Brandilyn? Your mother is right to worry about you.

Tina H.

P.S. I reloaded the page because blogger won't let me log in under my own name. Forgetting all about the audio in my frustration, it made me jump again!

C.J. Darlington said...

Love your laugh!!

D. Gudger said...

My 'puter is fast, the "boo" hit me as your blog popped up on the screen! for a moment, I couldn't figure out where that disembodied voice was coming from!

Cool!

Rebecca LuElla Miller said...

Ya got me.

Becky

Kristy Dykes said...

Yes, you freaked me out (your voice). Delightfully. I haven't been to F&F (wah, wah) since last Friday. Been at a preachers' meeting. So when I heard your voice,it was kinda' neat.

Susanne said...

And "boo" to you too! :vD It was cool actually putting a voice to you!

Love this list!

Southern-fried Fiction said...

Good grief, woman! My coffee hit the screen! ROFLOL!

Anonymous said...

Boo back atcha! LOL! Too cute!

I just finished reading Eyes of Elisha... the first of your books I've read. Thoroughly enjoyed it, and I'll be adding the others to my TBR list.

I had my suspicions throughout the first part of the book, but there was one clue that escaped me... I won't say what it was, 'cause I don't want to spoil it for anyone else... but in my mind a great mystery story is one I can't figure out until "all is revealed"... There aren't that many of those out there, so thanks for a great read!

Jason said...

Ha! Great to "hear" from you finally Brandilyn! I run too many windows when I'm on the computer (might contribute to my sloooooow writing), so when the 'puter started talking to me, I was trying to figure out which widget was doing it.

Oh, the spiritual stuff is cool too :P.

Jason

~ Brandilyn Collins said...

For those of you reading this post late and wondering what everyone's talking about--I took the audio part off so it won't be playing with the current post. Don't worry--I'll be using audio again soon.

(That's what you get for not keeping up with F&F.) :)

Karla, thanks for the Eyes of Elisha kudos!