The March bestseller list is now up (reflecting sales in the month of January.) A few things of note:
1. Karen Kingsbury's got four books in the top ten, all from different publishers. Sheesh, the girl makes my head spin.
2. Denise Hunter's new novel, Surrender Bay, debuts at #10. Waytago, Denise!
3. Tamera Alexander's Revealed is back on the list at #18. Amazing comeback, since this novel first released toward the end of 2006 and is book two in a now complete three-book series.
4. Cathy Hake's Forevermore is at #12. Cathy seems to be doing very well with her move to Bethany.
5. Book seven in the Yada Yada series from Neta Jackson is on the list at #19.
And a final observation: Every book on this list is some form of women's fiction, whether romance, contemporary or historical. Okay, so the authors are my pals, and I'm rootin' for 'em. But this is not cool. I long for the day when the CBA bestseller list is dominated by suspense, mystery, fantasy, sci-fi, and quirky new books like Michael Snyder's My Name is Russell Fink.
Yeah, I know. That'll be the day.