Monday, July 21, 2008

ICRS Events


Sorry my traveling last week prevented me from posting Thursday and Friday. In the course of two days I went from Orlando to California to Washington to Idaho. Now I'm settled for awhile.

Below are photos of my signing on the ICRS floor. I asked someone to take pictures with my camera and had no idea what he was taking. Unfortunately all you can see pics of me and the line. Michael Snyder signed with me, but he was cut out of all the photos! I think the photographer misunderstood that I wanted us both shown. Ah, well. Trust me, Michael was there and on his best behavior. The line came so steadily neither of us had time to tease each other or kill each other off or anything.

The last photo is of American Idol 2007 Top Ten Finalist Phil Stacey and me. Phil was a surprise singer at the fantastic party Zondervan hosted at Epcot Center to celebrate the 30th birthday of the NIV Bible. We heard some touching letters written by people whose lives have been changed by the NIV Bible, and Karen Kingsbury spoke briefly about what it has meant in her own life. Attendees were also treated to wonderful food, followed by VIP seating at Epcot Center's fireworks, followed by a dessert smorgasbord you wouldn't believe, followed by Phil Stacey performing. How way cool is that? Phil is singing both Christian music and country these days. I talked a little bit afterwards with Phil and his guitarist Rich. I'll be sending each of them and their wives some books. All in all it was a wonderful evening.

Following Phil Stacey, Mickey and Minnie Mouse came out to take photos with folks. The Zondervan novelists at the party all gathered around for a picture. We had Nancy Rue, Karen Kingsbury, Robin Lee Hatcher, me, and Terri Blackstock flanked by Mickey and Minnie. I suppose the photo will be sent to Zondervan. Hope to show it to you when I'm sent a copy.

Tomorrow and the next day I'll be posting some industry info. A note for those of you who read last week's post about Abingdon. About a day later editor Barbara Scott did leave a comment with a little more information. Please check that out.





3 comments:

Christina Tarabochia said...

I love Phil! Well, not in a way his wife needs to worry about, but his voice is wonderful. And the dessert bar? Yum!

michael snyder said...

I was indeed there and it was incredibly cool to hang out with you (Brandilyn, not Phil) again for a while.

It was also a lot of fun to sign my books as 'Brandilyn Collins.' That spurred some interesting looks!

Mike

wtgm3 said...

I am a "Philnatic" (Phil fan) from Florida, and received your blog through my Google alerts for Phil. He is indeed great! I'll plug his music: he's got a cd out, which you can find in the country section. You can also find them on line, on youtube, under PhilnaticsDotCom specifically. That is one of his fans who has put his songs on line. He also has a patriotic song, "Old Glory," on iTunes as well as on his myspace. And he sings "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" from "The Lion King" on a compilation called "Country Sings Disney."

I have to admit that I have not really heard of you before, but that may be because I am a busy mom who barely has time to read, lol. Maybe one of these days I will pick up one of your books. God bless you.