Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Everybody Wants to Be a Star


Did you know you can make your own channel on YouTube? That way, if you're using multiple videos to market a product, viewers won't have to search all over YouTube to find them.

I had a conference call with my publisher yesterday about marketing for Always Watching, first in The Rayne Tour series, which releases April 16. (Young adult suspense, co-written with my daughter, Amberly.) We will be launching Always Watching with a national sweepstakes on April 20. I can't tell you any more than that right now. But trust me, teenage girls are gonna love the prize. As part of that sweepstakes we discussed making our own YouTube channel for The Rayne Tour series in preparation for various videos about Always Watching. I'll keep you informed as the channel is put in place.

The helpful tech site Ask Dave Taylor has info on how to set up your channel.

Have any of you made your own YouTube channel? If so, for what purpose, and how well did the channel work for your project?

----------------------

Breaking news today--Facebook held a press conference, in which changes to Facebook were announced. Updates will now be more real-time instead of every ten minutes or so. Home pages will allow users to filter their feeds. And the 5000 limit for friends has been lifted. For details, see the report on TechCrunch.

2 comments:

Blinky St. James said...

I have Youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/BlinkyStJames) that I use for posting little silent Paint movies I make and later on I might make art videos and post them. Not a whole lot of people have seen them so far, but It's still fun. You can personalize the background of your channel with pictures, I use a drawing I did. :P

Anonymous said...

Brandilyn, I've had a YouTube channel for just over a year (http://www.youtube.com/robinsongidaho). I don't have lots of activity because I don't post regular videos. But everything is in one spot.

Robin