Monday, April 06, 2009

Monday at Mount Hermon


The writers conference is still going strong, running a full day today and closing after lunch tomorrow. I've been feeling a bit under the weather so have saved my energy for teaching my morning fiction clinic and hosting a table at lunch and dinner. No hanging out in the lounge at night this year for me. Too bad--that's where a lot of the craziness takes place.

I'm in a cabin of four, having much fun hanging out with editors Sue Brower (Zondervan), Barbara Scott (Abingdon), plus pal author Camy Tang. I've killed Camy off twice, but the girl must have nine lives. A number of years ago she was one of my victims at Mt. Hermon when I decided, in keeping with my suspense author reputation, I would kill off all the chick lit authors. In my blog posts each one died a death befitting their books. Then two years ago I strangled Camy in the Zondervan booth at ICRS--right in front of adoring fans. Now I get to make her a latte every morning.

I also received Hissy back from pal author Deb Raney. We've been trading this rubber snake back and forth for over a year now. Poor women's fiction author Deb thinks she can scare me with a rubber snake in my bed? Uh, no. But I've scared her plenty giving the thing back to her. Last time Hissy jumped out of a box of chocolates she opened and landed on her arm. Total freak on Deb's part. I grinned all day. Hmmm, how should I give it back to her this time? Any ideas?

By the way--a reminder. Please return to the Photo Friday post and vote for your favorite caption. (What made this picture a great Photo Friday pick for me was the book in the background combined with the dog.)

4 comments:

Pamela S. Meyers said...

ROFLOL! I was just thinking about Hissy a couple weeks ago after we'd been in Denver. I wondered what happened to the little guy. How did he return to you? You left that part out.

Mindy Obenhaus said...

Love the pic! Would you mind doing that to Camy again and telling her it's from Mindy. She'll know why :-)

~ Brandilyn Collins said...

Pam, Hissy appeared in my bed. How creative is that? Not. I gotta come up with something much more fun.

Allie said...

ROFL. I was in the class at ACFW when Deb got it back... ironically I'd seen you leave the room, but had no idea about the in-joke at the time.

Deb and Tamara were nice to share the chocolates with the class :)

How about returning Hissy through the mail? Opens a box, thinking its her books, and voila... its a snake.