Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Try Reading This Fan Letter Without Smiling


Some of my most fun fan letters have come from younger readers. This one is particularly young to be tackling one of my books. You can't read the letter without smiling. I'm running it here as is--no spelling/grammatical fixes. I have blocked out certain plot details, using underlining in their place.
-----------------

Dear Mrs. Collins,

I am a big fan of you wrightings, I am currently reading your book Eyes of Elisha. Well you will prob. laugh when you read this but, thats the only book of yours I read! But from that one book I am a huge fan! The reason I picked up your book because it had a nice cover with a knife which makes me whant to know whats going to happen! It is very well written! I have no idea if __________ or what!! It is very suspencful and makes me want to know what happens next.... ________ what side to believe. Im at the part where ____________.... Im not geting mixed up with ______... But I love that book. There are very few books that when i read and want to finish it that I do finish it, but this one i am 100% sure i will finish it! Where do you get these ideas of these books? Do you enjoy writing murder mistories? Keep it up with your Crime novels! I go to a Christian school and we have your whole series! Im going to start reading all of them! Thanks soooo much again! :) Ok well I got to go..... Thanks for writing these books!


Sincerly,
_______ age 11
( Please exuse the misspellings and stuff..only 11 :) )

15 comments:

Wandering Writer said...

How great is that for an endorsement?!

Mia said...

That's so cute :) It must be one of the most rewarding things as an author to get letters like that.

Mocha with Linda said...

THat is adorable!

Kathy Cassel said...

You'll have to send her a copy of the first Rayne book : )

Unknown said...

That is so sweet. I bet you that just made your day. Eyes of Alisha was my first book from you that I had read and I have been reading everything you write since.

Mark said...

awesome :-)

Anonymous said...

I failed, Brandilyn! I tried reading it without smiling, but just couldn't do it. :-)

Susan Hollaway said...

Very cute!

Dineen A. Miller said...

Oh Brandilyn! This is beautiful! And her school has the whole series! Wow! Praising God right along with you. :-)

Karen Barnett said...

Ah, murder mistories... I love that.

Nicole said...

Hey, I loved Eyes of Elisha, too! Looks like another lifelong fan.

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

That is so precious! Grab them when they are young! And a child that writes without internet shorthand...now that is rare in itself :-)

lynnmosher said...

Aw, how sweet is that?! Who knows, maybe you've planted a muse-seed in this little one! Awesome!

DenaNetherton said...

All the same sentiments of adult readers with just a few creative spellings. So adorable.

Edwina said...

How sweet! Congratulations on hooking a young reader on your excellent mistories!