Wednesday, July 21, 2010

News Around the Web

1. Facebook is reported to announce it will hit its 500 millionth user next week. Read the full story to read about submitting successful Facebook stories:

2. Nick Harrison, fiction editor at Harvest House, is posting a multiple part article on his blog titled "How To Succeed as a Christian Writer." Check it out here. 


3. I'm pleased to announce that two of my books are finalists for the Carol Award: Exposure (suspense category) and Always Watching (young adult category--co-written with my daughter, Amberly). I'm thrilled for Amberly that her book is in the running. And Mom is thrilled about Exposure, since that's the novel set in Wilmore, KY--where I grew up and where Mom still lives. See the complete list of Carol Award finalists here. The Carol Awards, newly named to honor Carol Johnson, fiction editor at Bethany for many years,were formerly called the Book of the Year Awards.

3 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Exposure is one of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and Amberly on your books! I haven't been able to read Exposure yet, although it's on my list, but I just read "Always Watching" Monday night after I saw it was on the Kindle Freebie list. It still is; it's no. 12 on the Top 100 Free Bestsellers. Anyways, "Always Watching" was wonderful, and I'm yearning to read the rest in the series.

Kara

Edwina said...

Congratulations to you and to Amberly on being finalists!

Thanks for the link to Nick's blog - excellent material! I forwarded it to a local writers group I belong to.