Friday, December 17, 2010

The Time Has Come

Dear friends, the time has come for me to stop posting on Forensics and Faith. This blog has been going for six years now, and the archives contain many posts on the craft of fiction, the publishing industry, and my experiences in writing. Forensics and Faith will remain up, and all the archives will continue to be available.

When I started this blog I naturally started using it to teach fiction-writing and to reach out to others in the industry. Now I'm finding I need to expand beyond folks in the publishing industry and more effectively be in contact with my readers at large. I've been doing that for some time through Twitter and a personal profile page on Facebook. In the past few days I've created a business page on Facebook and am in the process of inviting all my Facebook friends to move over to the new page. The old profile has gone down to bare bones and won't be used anymore. Please take a moment right now to visit my business page--Brandilyn Collins: Seatbelt Suspense. Click the "Like" button there so we can stay connected. On that page you'll find links to all my books, videos, events, etc. You can keep up with my news daily through this page, and also through receiving my newsletter, Sneak Pique, which is sent via email every other month. (If you've not signed up for Sneak Pique, you can do that here.)

As I write this, I'm currently finishing my 23rd book--a southern mystery titled Gone to Ground. It will release around Jan. 2012. Meanwhile May of 2011 will see my next release--Over the Edge, my suspense novel about Lyme Disease and the "Lyme Wars" in the medical community over the testing andtreatment of the disease. I'm so looking forward to the release of this book. It is my typical fast-paced suspense, yet it also contains much information about Lyme and its controversies, woven into the action. Readers will be entertained as well as learn something through this story.

Thanks to all of you for being readers of Forensics and Faith. I have so appreciated your comments and encouragement these past six years. You all remain dear to me, and I don't want to lose contact with any of you.

Blessings to all.

Brandilyn Collins: Seatbelt Suspense

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

This seems, sad, and I know I'll miss seeing new posts on F&F, but you've said that this isn't really goodbye. You've just provided a better way to reach out to us. And so, I'm looking forward to the new way.

Kara

Annette W. said...

What a blessing you've been...and will continue to be!

Richard Mabry said...

Brandilyn, So sorry to see this blog come to an end, but delighted that you're moving forward into a different aspect of social media so we won't totally lose touch with you. I'm honored that you allowed me to guest blog here a couple of times, and grateful for all the great information you've provided.
Blessings, friend.

Unknown said...

Sorry to read about this, Brandilyn, but I know you can only do so much in a day. I have enjoyed and benefited greatly from your efforts here, and wish all the best as you focus elsewhere. God bless.

Mindy said...

Then this is the perfect time to tell you about a perk of visiting your blog for the past year and a half other than just the great writing tips. I met another reader on your blog, Jess, and began following her blog. We're both inspiring writers, moms, etc. When Jess' brother and family moved near me, she gave them my contact information. We've become friends. So, I've gained friendships along with wisdom, encouragement and knowledge of the craft by visiting your blog. Thank you for investing in others.

Daniel Smith said...

Not a problem. You've been very helpful and a blog can only do so much. Chip MacGregor concluded his blog a little while back as well.

I am certainly at peace about it as I know you are. I look forward to more personal interactions on FB. Blessings!

Hannah Y. said...

So sad that the F&F won't continue growing... I've learned a lot from your industry posts. Thanks for sharing your skills in writing with the rest of us.

Jessie at Blog Schmog said...

I'm so sad but at the same time happy for you. You are the second of my favorite blogs to stop posting in just a few short months. As Daniel mentioned above.

I will still continue to enjoy perusing your archives though. Thank you for your teacher's heart and the willingness to share what you've learned.

Jessie at Blog Schmog said...

And by the way. I'm the Jess who God chose to bless through you since your blog "introduced" me to Mindy above. Isn't it neat how God works?

I think she meant aspiring writer (at least in my case)! :)

Karen Eve said...

I'm going to miss the blog, even if I don't comment often any longer, but it's definitely been a job well done and I'll still be back to look these up from time to time.

I want to thank you for all these years of marvelous work. I also want to thank you for staying away from Kanner Lake lately. Things have almost returned to normal.

I'll be looking for you on fb.

Angie Brendt

Southern-fried Fiction said...

I can't begin to tell you how much you've taught me, Brandilyn. See you on Facebook and at ACFW!

Marti Pieper said...

Thanks for all you've given here. I look forward to reading and seeing you elsewhere, though. Merry Christmas!

Dineen A. Miller said...

Congratulations, Brandilyn! I'm so excited for you. So much good stuff is coming your way. Thank you for all you've given us through your blog here. Truly a blessing!

~ Brandilyn Collins said...

Thanks SO much to all of you leaving messages. I appreciate the feedback more than you can know.

Jason said...

I have to chime in too. I started blogging partially due to F&F, and have gained much through the process. The whole time F&F was always a "must" stop in the morning. Guess I'll have to find another fix, but I understand how some of this stuff can't be rehashed again and again.

Thanks for all you've done here - probably more than any of us know. Bless you!

Jason (aka Pastor Hank)

Carol J. Garvin said...

I've been a long time 'lurker' here, and want to let you know how much I've enjoyed your blog and benefitted by all the information you've shared. I'm sorry to see you leaving here but will hunt you up (oh dear, combined with lurking that really does sound like I'm a stalker, LOL!) on Facebook and Twitter.

Have a blessed Christmas!

Sheila Deeth said...

Just headed over to Facebook to stay connected.

Pamela S. Meyers said...

B--
I just read this post. I totally understand and wanted to say how much your writing posts have helped me, especially the series on character empathy. I copy and pasted them into a word doc that I often refer to.
I know this isn't goodbye thanks to Twitter and FB, and of course, ACFW. See you in September when autumn leaves start to fall.... There's an oldie but goodie LOL.