Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Traveling Today



By the time you read this I'll be traveling. My schedule involves getting up around 4 a.m. to leave Kentucky (my mom's house) to first travel through Chicago and on to Grand Rapids, Michigan, home of Zondervan. I have the wonderful opportunity to have thirty minutes before the sales reps of Zondervan as they've gathered for their meetings to be introduced to all the books they will be selling in the next catalog. It's not every day that an author gets to present a book personally to the sales staff, as they have lots of books to cover in their meetings, so I feel very grateful for the opportunity. I will be presenting Violet Dawn to them.

After that presentation at 1:00, it's back to the airport to fly again through Chicago and on to Boston. I'll be at the National Public Library convention, signing books, then it's back home on Thursday to California. Where I will finish Coral Moon and e-mail it in the following week.

I hope to post tomorrow. I just hope that after all the traveling, and the very long day today I'll have half a brain in my head.

I'd appreciate your prayers for me today, BGs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will pray you get to go to bed tonight & tommorow with both halves of your brain.

LORD I lift Brandilyn to you and pray you fill her with strength physically, emotionally and spiritually.

Bless her with wisdom and clear, precise speech in her presentation.

Give her a clear mind and a peace that passes all understanding. In Jesus' name amen, so be it!

God bless you lady!

Rich said...

Brandilyn,
Prayed for you tonight.

For you photo op at the lake: how about a 1920s wide-brim fedora hat? Vintage sleuth, you know? Check out this web site: http://www.villagehatshop.com/product1448.html

Anonymous said...

Brandilyn, you're right--presenting your book is a special treat! I used to work at Tyndale and designed the sales sheets the guys used. It was fun to sit in on those meetings and see the books presented to everyone. It was rare for an author to have a chance to get the sales staff excited about her book, especially for a fiction author. I hope it went well, and they all caught your enthusiasm. Can't wait to hear all about it once you're rested up.