Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Blour du Jour--Take 2
Before I forget--tomorrow I'll unveil a new cover. It's way cool. I'll also drop a hint as to what you'll find here on Monday. Ya won't wanna miss out on it, BGs, trust me.
Well, this blour du jour stuff is quite interesting. I hadn’t realized how it all works. The links help move a book up on the Technorati (Web search engine) list of most talked-about books. At time of this posting, Web of Lies was #6 on that list, just a few behind The DaVinci Code. Amazing! The links apparently are counted by number of blogs using this URL to Web of Lies on amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/asin/0310251060
The Technorati most talked-about book list can be found at: http://technorati.com/pop/books/
This Christian Fiction Blog Tour idea was created by T.L. Hines, author of Waking Lazarus, which releases this summer (and is a great read!)
Here are links for today. Some of yesterday’s interviews have now gone into Part 2. Chris Mikesell’s Interview is new today (So Much Stuff I Can’t Recall). At some of the blogs you'll need to scroll down to yesterday's post. And there are some new links to reviews.
(Now who's gonna be first to tell Mike Snyder we're talkin' about him?)
1. So Much Stuff I Can’t Recall: http://mikesell.blogspot.com/
Issues about character arcs and scene setting
Is Mike Snyder really all that smart?
2. CCM Magazine interview: http://www.ccmmagazine.com/weblogs/well/default.aspx
3. Musings from the Windowsill: http://lindaruthspot.blogspot.com/
What I like best about being a writer
One of the dumbest things I’ve ever done (and it’s pretty dumb)
4. The Savvy Christian Writer: http://www.vickitalleymccollum.blogspot.com/
My first response when my editor said I needed a blog
Do my stories give me nightmares?
5. Reading, Writing . . . and What Else is There?: http://kathleenpopa.typepad.com/my_weblog/
What my mother would like you to know about me
6. Refreshment in Refuge: http://refreshmentrefuge.blogspot.com/
What I learned in writing Web of Lies.
7. Part 2 on A Christian Worldview of Fiction: http://rebeccaluellamiller.wordpress.com/
Why I am feeling the need to lie down . . .
8. Part 2 on Christianity 4 Life: http://c4lonline.com/?p=158
The basis of my calling
Reviews of Web of Lies:
Bonnie Writes: http://bonniescalhoun.blogspot.com
Scraps of Me: http://tinakulesa.com/weblog/
Mimi’s Pixie Corner: http://tagsandotherformsofmischief.blogspot.com/
The Curmudgeon’s Rant: http://dameigs.blogspot.com/2006/04/web-of-lies-by-brandilyn-collins.html