Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What a Weekend


Well, I'm back. Tired but happy.

A houseful of company. Friday night--the rehearsal dinner in our home. Before which the guys in the wedding moved all the furniture in our great room out to a garage. Followed by a marvelous spectacle of a lightening storm. Oh, no! Is it gonna rain for the wedding?

Saturday--set up. Saturday evening--the wedding and reception. Followed by the guys moving all the furniture back in.

Sunday morning, 4:30 a.m.--get up to take two guests to airport (round trip 2 hours). Return at 7 a.m.

Sunday afternoon--clean up. Clean up some more. Wonderful remaining guests really helped.

Monday morning, 4:30 a.m.--get up to take last three guests to airport. Return at 7 a.m. and fall into bed.

I got up at 9:30 totally addle-headed. Tried to make my morning latte to complete disaster. Put the Splenda in the coffee holder. Forgot to get the milk ready for steaming. By the time I poured the milk, most of the steam was over. I poured too much milk, so when I put in the espresso it all overflowed. Leaned down to clean up spillage from floor without getting it all from the counter first. Ended up with tepid latte dripped on top of my head.

I had marketing copy due to Zondervan Monday. Plus emails piled high. Tried to get through it all with half a brain. Today I must do the proofs for Dark Pursuit. Life goes on. I will need days to recover from the three weeks of company, et al. Won't get it. This weekend it's a hop to So Cal to move daughter into her college apartment.

Went to sleep last night smiling. Ah, the memories.

Tomorrow I'll post some pictures of it all.

3 comments:

Deborah Raney said...

You are a suspense writer through and through, aren't you? I came here all excited, hoping for wedding pictures, and what do I get...a cliff hanger! Sheesh! ; ) Okay...I'll be back tomorrow. : )

Pam Halter said...

I totally agree with Deb! :)

Southern-fried Fiction said...

Praying for you, Brandilyn. May God carry you through! :)