Monday, September 22, 2008

Post Conference Check-In


Sorry about being awol Thursday and Friday. I was so very busy at the conference I didn't even get online until Sunday night. Even after the conference ended Sunday at 11:00, I was driven away for a full afternoon of a book signing in a store. Then it was back to meet two people for dinner. Finally after that I had a short time to write this post before falling into bed.

The conference was wonderful. Keynote speaker Angie Hunt did a great job, as I knew she would. The Mall of America booksigning went well, with lots of people milling around. I'll tell you my favorite story from that signing in a future post. I also have a comical story to tell from my book signing on Sunday afternoon.

I took a few pictures at the conference, but not nearly as many as I'd planned. Carried my camera with me in my fancy little purse to the banquet Saturday with the best of intentions. Did I get one picture of anyone in all their finery? Noooo. If anyone has pictures out there, please email them. Or if they're posted, send me the links.

As has been the case each year, the highlights of the conference for me happened very quietly in the prayer room. I saw God meet emotional/spiritual/physical needs in a powerful and very merciful way.

I'm traveling home today. Hope to blog in more detail tomorrow. If you've read an interesting blog post about the conference elsewhere, put the link in the comments for us all to check out.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love to hear about the prayer room . . .

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. There are some pictures on Angela Hunt's website. I'm sure ACFW blog will have photos. I hear the conference was a big HIT!

Hope to be at the Denver conference next year. It'll be my first!

Have a great Monday.

Kim Vogel Sawyer said...

I think I know what your favorite story about the booksigning will be, and I have to tell you my funny sidenote. I thought you said "I always shoplift" instead of the "I own..." I nearly fell out of my chair at your delighted reaction! It was good to see you and your wonderful mom. Blessings on you and your continued ministry. Oh--and congrats on your recognition for your book! Woohoo for you!

Cindy Thomson said...

Blogged about historical fiction-related stuff from the conference here: PASTimes Historical Fiction Blog

I never actually got to meet you, but I was on the elevator with some others and we had just complemented each other on our clothes (more like "church" clothes) when the elevator door opened and you stepped on in your emerald green gown. We all gasped. Didn't you hear it? I didn't even have my camera at the banquet. Shoot!

Southern-fried Fiction said...

But we sure had fun!

Maybe you could compensate for the lack of photos by using the ruse "What happens in Minneapolis stays in Minneapolis."

;)

Heather Diane Tipton said...

I posted some pics on my facebook... so did Susan Downs and a few others. you should check out their facebook profiles and look at pics there.

it was great to see you as always, Brandilyn! Thanks for the prayers in the prayer room too!!

Unknown said...

B, you do AMAZING ministry in the prayer room, and I, for one, am eternally grateful for you!

~ Brandilyn Collins said...

Thanks, Robin. The prayer room is definitely the highlight of the conference for me.

Unknown said...

Hey Brandilyn, it was so good to finally give you a hug on the last day right before our shuttle pulled out. Geez! You did a great job as emceeing. The best part about the conference for me too was praying over friends and being prayed for though I didn't make it as far as the prayer room. I post about my experience on Novel Journey on Saturday. God showed up big time as He always does.

Anyway, it was so very good to see you friend!