Monday, July 18, 2005

Bait and Switch


Well, this is a first. Brandilyn’s not here to greet you this fine Monday morning. It’s me, Gayle DeSalles, her marketing assistant.

Brandilyn is traveling today from California to her Coeur d’Alene home. But y’all know her well enough to know that this in itself wouldn’t stop her from posting. After all, she’s written to you from hotels and Starbucks before. She wouldn’t abandon you for any old reason. Nope, it’s not just that she’s on the road. Rather, she came down with a nasty bout of the stomach flu this weekend and is still not up to par.

So, she asked that I would post for her. I know she’d appreciate your prayers. She has a full week ahead of her. Being in Cd’A, though—a slice of heaven this side of earth—will definitely aid in her healing, no doubt.

Meanwhile, she’s declared this week a free for all. Well, she didn’t exactly say that; those are my words. She does ask that you would post questions for her about the writing life, perhaps some minute detail she may have left out of her NES. Something that will be easy for her to answer to conserve her enegry.

Thanks a lot. You’ll be hearing from her soon.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers for a speedy recovery and a safe jouney are on their way!

C.J. Darlington said...

Thank you, Gayle, for posting. And I'm very sorry to hear about the bout with stomach flu, Brandilyn. I'll definitely pray for you today - for a complete 100% healing.

If you can't blog, of course we understand. But something that might be easy is to have some fun trivia questions. Like:

What are your all-time top 3 favorite novels?

What book(s) are you reading now?

What's in your CD player?

If you could have dinner with one person living or dead, who would it be?

Favorite vacation spot?

What items can always be found in your refrigerator?

Your parents always told you ... ?

What gadget couldn't you live without?

If you were stuck on an island, what three things couldn't you live without?

How do you relax?

Just an idea ... :-)

Unknown said...

A Designated Blogger? Must be the American League. Okay, here's my question (only one): What one area of your writing would you like to improve on the most? Naturally, all of us BeeGees think you're perfect, but maybe you don't.

Anonymous said...

Here's bit of a disco get well cheer.

Ooh hoo ooh hoo hope you're stayin alive stayin alive. Stayin Alive! (crowds cheering) The Bee Gees.

While you have tummy flu, I wouldn't suggest the inventory of the refrig. But all the other questions sound good.

Rebecca LuElla Miller said...

Well, I want to know all about getting an assistant!! (There's my writer's dream! hahah) When did Gayle first start working for/with you? What all does she do besides pinch hit on blog? And HOW DO I GET AN ASSISTANT? OK, maybe you can skip that last question.

Anonymous said...

Praying for your speedy recovery.

Be good to yourself!

Unknown said...

Ditto on the assistant.

Praying for a settled stomach.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I have a question about your NES:

After your agent (Jane, I think?) died, I assume you got another. At one point in your NES and how did that happen? (Unless I missed it somewhere.)

Val said...

Thanks for posting that question, Emily. I was getting ready to ask the same thing. :-)

All these questions sound great though.

I'm praying for a quick recovery for you, Brandilyn.

Dineen A. Miller said...

Hi, Brandilyn, I hope you're feeling better. Praying for a speedy recovery.

I have a quick question. On the scene you edited for C.J., you used the word 'began' twice. I've been told not to use 'began' and 'started' because they weaken the action, but sometimes 'began' is the right word and not using it changes the meaning.

I'd love your input on this. And, the infamous, showing verses telling. Still trying to get a handle on that one.

God bless you! Thank you, Gayle!