Thursday, October 05, 2006

TODAY ON SCENES AND BEANS


Leslie Brymes: Learning to Drive--Part 1

The minute I hit 15, I was itching to get behind the wheel of a car. Mom wasn't thrilled at the idea; I guess she wanted me to wait a bit longer. But Dad, well he's in insurance, so he sees a lot of claims on cars driven by young people. He figured I'd be better off learning as soon as I could to get some experience under my belt. Of course, here in Idaho if you're under 17 you have to sit through all these driver training courses before you can get your driver's permit. But I just wanted to DRIVE!...

------------------------------------------

BLOUR FOR DARK HOUR

Currently a blour is running for Dark Hour, the latest from Ginger Garrett. Dark Hour is about the house of Jezebel and its attempt to overthrow the lineage of Christ. Ginger Garrett is also known for her novel Chosen, about the biblical Queen Esther.