Wednesday, October 11, 2006

TODAY ON SCENES AND BEANS


Jared Moore: Resonating With the Written Word

"There's no greater power than that which is generated by the combination of ink and paper." As I have said before, I think often of this phrase my grandfather passed on to me. When I was younger, I assumed it to be specifically tied to his love for reporting. Now, as I have grown older, it has come so much more than that to me. The written word, whether it be a news reports, novel, a poem or even lyrics for a song, is something that resonates within each reader. As the words are taken in, they in turn stir up passion, awaken memories, evoke emotion and find completion in the mind and heart of the reader...

-------------------------
Today through Friday is the blour for Violette Between, by Alison Strobel.

Between here and the past, there lies a place……a place of longing for what has been rather than hoping for what could be.

A true artist, Violette is passionate and emotional. Climbing back into life after suffering a loss, she teeters on the precipice of a new relationship with Christian, a psychologist who not only understands her struggles but offers safety and his heart. As Violette and Christian begin to feel something they both thought impossible, tragedy strikes again. Violette becomes trapped in a place of past memories–and she finds that she may not want to come back.

What would it be like to choose a place between the past and the present?