Wednesday, February 20, 2008

March Bestseller List

The March bestseller list is now up (reflecting sales in the month of January.) A few things of note:

1. Karen Kingsbury's got four books in the top ten, all from different publishers. Sheesh, the girl makes my head spin.

2.
Denise Hunter's new novel, Surrender Bay, debuts at #10. Waytago, Denise!

3.
Tamera Alexander's Revealed is back on the list at #18. Amazing comeback, since this novel first released toward the end of 2006 and is book two in a now complete three-book series.

4.
Cathy Hake's Forevermore is at #12. Cathy seems to be doing very well with her move to Bethany.

5. Book seven in the Yada Yada series from
Neta Jackson is on the list at #19.

And a final observation: Every book on this list is some form of women's fiction, whether romance, contemporary or historical. Okay, so the authors are my pals, and I'm rootin' for 'em. But this is not cool. I long for the day when the CBA bestseller list is dominated by suspense, mystery, fantasy, sci-fi, and quirky new books like Michael Snyder's My Name is Russell Fink.

Yeah, I know. That'll be the day.


4 comments:

The Encourager said...

"I long for the day when the CBA bestseller list is dominated by suspense, mystery, fantasy, sci-fi, and quirky new books like Michael Snyder's My Name is Russell Fink."

Amen!

Pam Halter said...

It might be different for children's fiction. I seem to remember Bryan Davis being on one of the bestselling lists and he writes speculative fiction for middle grade/YA readers in CBA.

D. Gudger said...

WRITERS DIGEST of this month has a feature article about genres. B/c of the shows "Law and Order" and "CSI" people are looking for extremes of dark and edgy. That said, it's the genre that's growing the fastest. When will CBA catch up with the real world? :)

michael snyder said...

Wow. What a cool surprise for me when I popped over.

Thanks Brandilyn. A lot.