Tuesday, July 07, 2009

ICRS Coming Up


The time has rolled around again. On Thursday I will be flying to Denver for the ChiLibris novelists' retreat, followed by the
International Christian Retail Show (ICRS), starting Monday the 13th. In the middle of these two events is the Christy Awards reception on Saturday night. (Go here to see Christy nominees for this year.)

ICRS--and therefore the Christy reception and ChiLibris retreat--is being held in Denver this year. Daughter Amberly and I will be signing copies of Always Watching on the convention floor on Monday at 9:30 a.m. I'll also be signing Exposure at that time. Hey, there's a bargain for the bookstore folks. Stand in one line--get two books.

ICRS has been less and less attended in the past number of years. Of course, in this present economy, everyone's cutting back. I don't know the future of the convention. One large publisher (Thomas Nelson) has stopped attending, and others seem to be putting up smaller booths on the floor than in the past. However my publisher, Zondervan, is hanging in there with gusto. A look at the
convention floor map shows Zondervan with the largest booth among publishers.

My blogging will be intermittent during all the travel and meetings. However I'll post as much as I can. Look for pictures from the ChiLibris retreat and the Christy banquet. And the convention floor, too, if I can manage it.

Meanwhile I am happy to say that Exposure has placed at #15 on the
ECPA fiction bestseller list for book sales in June, and at #45 for ECPA's Top Fifty list, which includes both fiction and nonfiction within the Christian market. When the CBA list for June releases in a couple weeks, I'll post my usual comparison of the two lists.

For those going to ICRS--hope to see you on the convention floor.

4 comments:

Richard Mabry said...

BC, Travel safely and don't break anything (or "kill" any other authors on the exhibit hall floor just for effect). It will be interesting to hear more of the Chi Libris retreat, if you could consider posting about it. I think many of your readers would like to know more about that group. I certainly would.

Cindy Thomson said...

Yes, I'd like to hear more about Chi Libris too. Since there will be fewer attendees, I'll have to be careful out there on the floor in case you-know-who is looking for another victim!

DeWayne Hamby said...

Looking forward to seeing you there. Have a safe trip!

Fliterary said...

Have a wonderful time. I'm praying for you!!